Nie Nif Numbers

Whether you are buying a property, selling a property, opening a bank account, inheriting an asset in Spain or otherwise transferring a Spanish asset, you will need to obtain an NIE number (número de identificación de extranjeros) or Foreigner’s Identity number. This number is required by Spanish law and can be obtained in person from the Spanish police or from the Spanish consulate in London. In some regions NIE numbers can be obtained by a third party holding a valid power of attorney on your behalf and we would be happy to advise you as to what steps and documentation are required on a case-to-case basis.